Thursday, November 20, 2014

Basketball game

We had our first game as a squad on Friday! We came away with a win which was super exciting. We played against a local school called St. Josephs who by all accounts are one of the better teams in Sri Lanka, so winning the game was exciting!

At the end of the first quarter we were actually 10 points down. We started off really messy, which I think is largely due to the fact that we had never played together before. And so it took a while for us to find a groove and really gel together. But after half time we pulled ourselves together, and our high pressure defence is what got us through in the end.

It was a challenge though, there is such a deviation of skill within the team. For example I've played for 10 years of my life, where as for some girls this is actually the first time they have ever played. And so it was definitely a challenge for me. It will take a few weeks I think to find a middle ground where the deviation of skill can be managed. If I get awarded captaincy this year I think this will me the hardest part.

No comments:

Post a Comment