Thursday, November 20, 2014

UNICEF photography competition

UNICEF Sri Lanka announced a photo competition not long ago called "children in focus". It was put out to anyone residing in Sri Lanka to produce prints of Sri Lankan children for a competition. There were two categories colours and monochrome. I worked really hard on putting together a series that I felt best reflected the children of this beautiful county. I finished with 6 coloured prints and 3 black and whites. It was a stressful push to make the final deadline but god I felt so proud when I printed out my photos and handed them over. And I felt even prouder when I got a phone call to tell me my photos had been selected to feature in a UNICEF photographic exhibition! Unfortunately I didn't win any major prizes but it was honestly just such an honour to have people from UNICEF see my images and to have selected them for the final exhibition. Being a photographer for UNICEF would probably be like the coolest thing ever and so this was a really fun and creative experience. I used a high gloss paper to really emphasize the colour in my photograph and to dear out the blacks in my monochrome images. Here are the final 9 I submitted:








No comments:

Post a Comment