Thursday, November 20, 2014

The Pursuit if Happiness Project

Man oh man are we having some difficulties.

Its been months now since our Facebook page's launch night and we STILL haven't got anything posted. Week after week all we seem to do is sit and talk about what needs to be done, but we never actually do anything.

A few weeks ago I went to a recycling plant and photographed and interview the man there. I learnt some really interesting facts about recycling and how it is also a resource. Not only is it important for the environment but you can earn an income off it as well. I took some nice photographs and my friend and I put together an article about it, yet still weeks afterwards it hasn't been published on the site.

I'm honestly not entirely sure why this is the case, maybe there are some communication issues within our group. What I have started to notice is that each member of the group seems to have a different vision for the project. I think within the next week or two we definitely need t sit down and make sure we are on the same page in terms of the goal of this service group.

There is even word of a few of the members looking to quit. I however am confident we can pull this project back together again. Photojournalism is what I want to do for the rest of my life and so this issue we seem to be having provides an opportunity for me to really push myself.

This afternoon I am going out to the cancer hospital to take photos and interview some people. I'll then try to have an article put together by the end of this week and hopefully get it published on the weekend. I really do love this service group- and I really want it to work.

It is really testing my perseverance and commitment, and my abilities at working collaborative with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment